Once Upon A Time...

sally.sob.story

Hello,

I joined a few days ago but only just got my activation email. I'm glad it came as I can now post. :)

Firstly I should probably mention, just to clear up any confusion, that my name isn't Sally! :doh: I'm an English girl in my late 20s. I suffer from depression and a few other issues. I used to read a lot in my teens and early 20s but I find it hard with my moods and trying to concentrate. I realised recently that I miss it so much and I decided to join this forum as a way of getting back into it. I don't really have many people in my real life to share my love of books with either. I've thought about joining book groups or things but I think I'm much too shy. This way seemed less scary.

Some of my favorite books are

The Bell Jar - Plath

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte

Jame Eyre - Charlotte Bronte

The Woman In White - Wilkie Collins

The Hours - Michael Cunningham

The Yellow Wallpaper - Charlotte Perkins Gilman

I also love to read poetry.

I'm quite shy and quiet, my spelling is a bit iffy and I'm prone to typos :rolleyes: . I hope to be able to bring something to the forum though. :D

The End.

Hi and welcome to the forums!

We have reading circles here that you can join, much less scary than real life ones if one is shy. :)

I hope you find our forums useful and that you get back into reading again!

Hi Sally

I'll call you that for now,since that's what name you listed :D

I'm pretty new too .This is a really nice group . I have also dealt with some depression issues in the past myself,so I know what it's like,and agree, it is so very hard to concentrate on a book during bad times like that. Hopefully you are getting some help either medication wise or counseling . Sometimes life just piles up on you and you need a little help to get through it .

This group is wonderful,everyone seems so very friendly and helpful.There are lots of areas to check out ,so something may trigger an interest for you to get back into reading .

I love Wilkie by the way !

( I think I like him and Dickens so much because they were both so long-winded .... like me .I'm quite a chatterbox and talk to everyone,whether I know them or not .