Faith Supper

dawnbirduk

Tonight I am attending a Faith Supper, Faith supper means that you have Faith that everyone will take a plate of food and there will be enough to go round of different types of food.

I hate going to a Faith Supper because I never know what to take, any suggestions would be most welcome but must be easy to prepare/buy :giggle2:

Depends on what kind of guidelines you have. Do you need to take a hot dish or a cold one? Is it a sit-down hot meal or a buffet table kind of affair? Have you been asked to bring a starter, a main course or a dessert? Does it need to be vegetarian?

My favourite to take to a pot-luck affair would be a lasagne, as it can be tailored to suit whether it's a meat-eating or vegetarian crowd. If the former, make a regular one. If the latter, substitute soya mince or just use loads of veg instead.

If it's a buffet type of thing, I'd be inclined to bring something I'd baked, like a pie. Meat and potato is one of my favourites, but if I was taknig a sweet, I'd go with autumn fruits at this time of the year - maybe apple and blackberry. Or I might take a quiche - feta and spinach would appeal to both the veggie and non-veggie crowd (apart from the vegans, of course, as it has eggs and cheese in it!).

If it's a buffet type meal, I would be inclined to just take a big bowl of rice salad, or something similar, as this suits everybody - even gluten free, and trust me on this one, we always get ignored !

Very true Talisman - my brother's a Coeliac, so I know what you mean! As well as rice salad, which is really yummy, a homemade Coleslaw is very good

Ian