October is Breast Cancer Awareness month!

Kell

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month!

I hope Michelle won't mind me posting this here.

Breast cancer is something very close to my heart - and not just because my heart is right under my breasts! I know several people who have battled breast cancer and, fortunately, won.

So, to do my part to raise awareness and perhaps help in fundraising efforts, I have designed four small charts which will be offered FREE from 1st October on my Kincavel Krosses blog.

overviewoffreebies.jpg

In addition to this, I have designed a blackwork sampler with the poem "What Cancer Cannot Do" which will go on sale in my Folksy Store on 1st October. All proceeds from the sale of this design will go to Cancer Research UK, who host the Race For Life each year.

forsalesampler.jpg

I hope others will enjoy stitching these designs, whether to give to friends and raise awareness, or to sell to charity. If anyone sends me photos of them stitched, I will set up a gallery specifically for them on my Kincavel Krosses Blog.

You can visit my Just Giving page HERE.

Thank you.

Love those designs. People do do great things to support breast cancer awareness. The only issue I have is that it is, generally, usually always targeted at women, and even though it is usually always them that get it, men can get breast cancer too, and I feel that these men shouldn't be so shadowed.

I wish the author of the poem was known - it's always credited as "anonymous" but I know it's been used for other fundraising projects so I'm pretty certain the author would be fine with this use too (of course, if the author ever contacts me and says differently I would pull the design immediately, but my searches so far have been in vain - elusive author, who are you?!).

I completely agree, Isandriena - men are also known to get breast cancer (I actually highlighted that very point in a blog entry last month HERE). It's important that EVERYONE checks themselves out and gets to kow their bodies intimately so they can take note of any changes.

My family has been houded by the Big C in various forms over the last few years - breast, prostate and skin cancer - so Cancer Research UK is a charity very close to my heart, as it does research and support for all kinds of cancer. It may well be that in the future, if other "cancer months" are announced, I shall do something to support them again for that cause too and do the designs in the appropriate colours.

I'm actually starting to stitch a small amount of items for sale too - just finished stitching a key/scissor fob today and will continue stitching other items to raise a little extra - all proceeds will go to the charity. :)