Nici's Reading

Nici

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not written my review of The Stand yet, Supergran, but it's by Stephen King and you can find the thread from the reading circle HERE, which gives a synopsis and some thoughts on the novel. It's one of my personal all-time favourite books and really bucks the trend of thinking that King is purely a horror writer. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I finished Louise Bagshawe - Sparkles last night. It wasn't as good as her previous books I have read but nevertheless it was a nice easy read and I enjoyed it.

Not sure what I am going to read next, I will look when I get home...

Tonight I am going to start reading Jane Elliott - Sadie

Blurb from back of the book

Sadie Burrows' life is torn apart by the death of her father and the brutal man who replaces him.

In the chill of a winter morning in her flat on the rough Summer Estate, sweet thirteen-year old Sadie's childhood comes to an abrupt end.

Sadie survives her hideous ordeal and becomes a millionaire businesswoman with a high class sex and lingerie shop and a chain of gentlemen's clubs.

Then, out of the blue, there is a knock at her door and Sadie's shameful secret comes back to haunt her.

This sounds very similar to Martina Cole's style of writing so I am looking forward to reading it.

Tonight I am going to start Peter James - Not Dead Enough

Blurb from the back of the book

On the night Brian Bishop murdered his wife he was sixty miles away, asleep in bed at the time. At least that's the way it looks to Detective Superintendent Roy Grace, who is called in to investigate the kinky slaying of beautiful young Brighton socialite, Katie Bishop.

Grace soon starts coming to the conclusion that Bishop has performed the apparently impossible feat of being in two places at once. Has someone stolen his identity or is he simply a very clever liar? As Grace digs deeper behind the facade of the Bishops' outwardly respective lives, it becomes clear that everything is not at all as it first seemed. Then he digs just a little too far, and suddenly the fragile stability of his own troubled, private world is facing destruction......

I have read a few of Peter James's books in the past and enjoyed them so hopefully I will enjoy this one just as much!

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Peter James - Not dead enough on Sunday. What a fab book! I really really enjoyed it! :lol:

I will be starting Martina Cole - Faces tomorrow.

Blurb from the back of the book

Just before Danny Cadogan's fourteenth birthday, his father leaves. Having drunkenly run up a gambling debt he cannot pay. Big Dan Cadogan takes the easy way out. Leaving behind his family to face the wrath of the men sent to collect the debt. Determined to protect his mother, brother and sister, something changes in Danny and, overnight, he turns into a young man set on making his way in a violent and dangerous world. And so, with his childhood friend, Michael Miles, providing the brains behind the operation, Danny Cadogan becomes a Face. Not just a Face, but the most feared Face in the Smoke. Out for all he can get. At any cost.

But Danny's ruthlessness on the streets of London doesn't stop at his front door. He rules his wife, Mary, and his children, with an iron will - and his fists. But if Mary reaks her silence, it could shake Danny's criminal empire; right to the very core. And for a Face at the top of his game, there's only one wat yo go Down. Because, after all, debts can be paid even without money.

I can't wait! ;):D:D

Well it's been 7 days since I started my Martina Cole and I have to say i'm a little disapointed with it. Normally I would have finished her books by now and i'm still only on page 83......It just hasn't been holding my attention. :friends0:

I am so hoping that it picks up soon.