The Vows of Silence by Susan Hill

I finished this book today, and enjoyed every moment, it is the 4th book in the Simon Serrailler series, it is well written, nice length chapters, Simon is a typical English Detective, just the type of book I enjoy, enough violence, no bad language, it just had a bit of everything, and you could relate to the characters quite easily.

I love this series, too, although I still miss

Freya Graffham

from the first book!

For those who haven't read the book yet, the blurb from the back of The Vows of Silence is:

In the peaceful town of Lafferton, a gunman is terrorising young women. What - if anything - links the attacks? Is the marksman with a rifle the same person as the killer with a handgun or do the police have two sinpers on their hands?

Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Serrailer is in charge of the case, but he is also struggling to deal with a tragedy at the heart of his own family. Two forthcoming events - a local fair and the high-profile cathedral wedding of the Lord Lieutenant's daughter - only add to the pressure.