Exposing the Real Che Guevara: And the Useful Idiots Who Idolize Him

CyborgDreamSt8

Has anyone else read the book Exposing the Real Che Guevara: And the Useful Idiots Who Idolize Him by Humberto Fontova. As an American with Cuban roots it was something I was quite interested in when I saw it. After reading it and discussing some of the things in it with some of my family members I was disgusted at the thought of so many people idolizing that man. Anyone got any thoughts, or opinions on the book?

By the way I don't want to appear conservative or in any way affiliated with the right wing nut jobs. I just found the book interesting from the point of view of someone who has heard first hand accounts of the revolution in Cuba and how horrible some of Che's actions were. I haven't read anything else by or about him so I have a very limited POV on this. Any input would be appreciated and that is actually why I posted this topic. Just realized how bad of an impression it could give you of me without a caveat.

Well in that case I won't expect much traffic to those thread. I am thinking of buying the rather large tome that is his biography and seeing if I can at least get a more well rounded view on the man. What I know of him so far though, from that book and stories from family members alluded to earlier, I am not inclined to like him.

I don't think any of us would think badly of you for reading the book. I would one day like to read Hitler's Mein Kampf, but not because I identify with him in any way! It's good to read about such infamous historical figures and so we can spot the warning signs in the future and avoid such atrocities happening again.

I haven't read the book either, but I recently bought Guevara's The Motorcycle Diaries, which I'm hoping will give me an insight into who he is (really, I know next to nothing at all about him). I have seen so many of those Che Guevara t-shirts around. I guess he's so popular because he was a revolutionary, but I doubt most of the Che Guevara worshippers know much more about him than I do.

I have seen so many of those Che Guevara t-shirts around. I guess he's so popular because he was a revolutionary, but I doubt most of the Che Guevara worshippers know much more about him than I do.

I find those t-shirts so offensive just for the very reason you just stated. Those who wear them know very little about the man they are showing such hero worship for. They think he was just some revolutionary hero, but they forget to look into the actions and the motives.

I had completely forgotten about Motorcycle Diaries, I will have to look into that as well.