Bloodlines - Richelle Mead

Samsiren

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.

This book was just out yesterday - I haven't read it yet (my pre-ordered copy still hasn't turned up.

But just wanted to start this to see what peoples thoughts are on the new series, what you hope to see etc.

I for one, am glad that Eddie and Adrien have a leading role - love those guys!

I'm eagerly waiting for Bloodlines, but I'll wait for it on Kindle. Amazon shows the release date of the paperback as tomorrow Sam, did you pre-order from them? A while back it had a listing for Bloodlines on the Kindle, but it was removed a few weeks ago, and no sign of it yet. I hate it when they do that :irked: I have to say, Richelle Mead is one of the authors I'm happy to pay full price without discounting as soon as her books are available - I don't think there's been a single one I haven't enjoyed yet!

Richelle Mead has just tweeted that the Amazon Kindle version will be up on the site tomorrow! :exc: (She says they don't put up pre-orders or post it before release day, but I have others on my wishlist which are down as pre-orders so don't know who's told her that :dunno: )

Richelle Mead has just tweeted that the Amazon Kindle version will be up on the site tomorrow! :exc: (She says they don't put up pre-orders or post it before release day, but I have others on my wishlist which are down as pre-orders so don't know who's told her that :dunno: )

I just saw that too! woo! I thought the UK release was yesterday but it's not. boo! Oh well, at some point this week I should have a delivery! hehe. I really can't wait to jump back into this world, although I'm currently working on a VA project and getting into it again, I need a new fix!

The events at the end of the final Vampire Academy book have left Moroi princess Jill's life in danger, and to protect her from the threats of the vampire society, she is placed in a human school with a dhampir, a couple of alchemists and a vampire to protect her. One of those alchemists, Sydney, is under pressure to prove her worth and her loyalty to her superiors, and is the story of Bloodlines is told from her perspective, and brings back vampire Adrian and dhampir Eddie to the story along with the new character, and one of Sydney's least favourite alchemists, Keith.

I read the book yesterday, and it was everything I wanted from a follow-on from the VA series. As the story unfolds, not only is there the threat to Jill, but Sydney is able to experience being a normal teenager going to school for the first time in her life, and has to deal with the everyday problems of peer pressure and bullying, as well as schoolwork and dating, as well as the mystery of the trend for metallic tattoos sweeping the school. The story builds gradually to an action-packed, thrilling conclusion, and sets up nicely for the second instalment due next year.

about 1/4 of the way through - as I only started it last night - but so far loving it. Some plot lines I think I've already got figured, but there's so much drama and mystery already I love it. Not too sure I like seeing things from Sydneys point of view yet... maybe she'll grow on me! :P

I finished this yesterday afternoon - I really loved it. I am eagerly looking forward to the next installment, and this first book was a great introduction to the new story line and some great characters. By the end of it, I was literally gasping out loud at the crux of the story and each new development. 5 out of 5!!