Hey all,

I'm new to this forum, I've been searching the web for a book I read 8 years ago and its been driving me mad, I can't find anything that fits what I remember.

I hope someone on this forum may know which series I'm talking about...

This is all I remember of the books:

•  
  • It was a 3 book series (or maybe 4).
  • The first book was concentrated around this tower which once played some sort of tune as the wind blew through it, but a piece of the tower was stolen, causing the tower to no longer let out music.
  • The protagonist was female.
  • The protagonist or her brother (I can't remember) become a servant to some sort of princess, who is so beautiful, that anyone who lays eyes on her must have their eyes burnt (or some sort of grievous bodily harm).
  • The protagonist and her brother can communicate mentally somehow (I'm not sure when this starts happening).
  • The protagonist and her people are all taken as slaves and all have marks burnt into their skin. (Not sure which book)

I know this is a bit of a stab in the dark, I remember these books as one of the first series I read, when I was at secondary school, and I've been looking for them EVERYWHERE.

I'm about this close to going back to my old school library and finding the book, I know where it is and everything, too bad my school is in a different country ^_^"

If anyone knows the series I'm looking for, or knows anything that sounds similar please, let me know! I'm clutching at final straws here!

Hi, Seraj

I've just joined this forum too. Looks good, doesn't it?

The series you are looking for is the 'Wind Singer' trilogy by William Nicholson (best to check te spelling of the surname, though) the second in the series is 'The Slaves of the Mastery' but I can't remember the title of the final volume at the moment. Good books aren't they? Good luck with your search - they're readily available in bookshops and online.

Hi, Seraj

I've just joined this forum too. Looks good, doesn't it?

The series you are looking for is the 'Wind Singer' trilogy by William Nicholson (best to check te spelling of the surname, though) the second in the series is 'The Slaves of the Mastery' but I can't remember the title of the final volume at the moment. Good books aren't they? Good luck with your search - they're readily available in bookshops and online.

:o!!!!!

That is it! Thank you so much! Been looking for these books for ages! Off to order them right now :lol: