The New Girl

Samsiren

I don't know about you but I'm a huge fan of Zooey Deschanel. She's just so adorable! She has a new TV show coming out soon, called The New Girl (trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qqojuj1zoU)

Have any of you heard about it? looking forward to it? I think it looks hilarious!

She was in Elf. Don't ask how I know that ...

She's nice.

Yes, she was - but blonde! Don't be ashamed, Elf was an amazing film... ok, ok, so I'm the only person who thinks so, but still!

She's also in a new movie coming out called 'My idiot brother' (at least, I think that's what its called). I inadvertently know quite a bit about her career... not on purpose, I just always seem to stumble upon her stuff!

Does anyone know if this has been picked up in the UK at all?

I am also excited about Apartment 23 if anyone has heard of it! (James Van Der Beek) I love that all these 90's stars are reappearing, how good is it to see Zack back in Franklin and Bash!!!

Does anyone know if this has been picked up in the UK at all?

I am also excited about Apartment 23 if anyone has heard of it! (James Van Der Beek) I love that all these 90's stars are reappearing, how good is it to see Zack back in Franklin and Bash!!!

Apparently both have been picked up by Channel 4 according to a few different sites.

Yeah, I have recorded Franklin and Bash - so I'll be giving those a watch soon. Glad channel 4 picked up the new girl, it seems like a channel 4 show... well... E4, but you know what I mean :D

I was reading yesterday that E4 have more money to spend on new programming this year as they haven't renewed their licence to show Friends, so from September they have over 1000 hours to fill from the space Friends leaves (moving to Comedy Central if anyone wants to know)

I have mixed emotions about this, as I love just watching Friends whenever I have 10 minutes to fill, it is so familiar like a blanket! And the levels of humour always amazes me. But equally, it will force me to take in some new programmes that I might otherwise miss out on, How I Met Your Mother is a prime example, this is about to show its seventh season and I have only just discovered it!

Anyways, New Girl is definately on my list to watch, love Zooey in 500 Days of Summer!

I know. Friends not being on E4 is actually a crime. If there's nothing else on I watch Friends!

Still, this could mean we're gonna get some new and amazing shows, like The New Girl and maybe more? They will have so many more slots to fill... if only they would stop showing re-runs of hollyoaks! It burns my brain!!