Sarah Waters' The Night Watch

vodkafan

I watched it (only found out about 10 mins before hand that it was on so that was lucky)

I read the book a couple of years ago so I am sketchy on details but as far as I am concerned it was very well done seemed to have all the major parts in it and was nicely compacted into just the right length of time.

I did find the book a bit confussing as it is one of those that starts at the end sort of thing (again well done in the show) and I found the book dragged a little whereas the programme concentrated on the more interesting parts.

I give the tv show 9/10

hiya, am sure I have read it, but watching the film were lost,it jumped four times from present to three years back then another back then back to the present...I think I will have to watch it again and re read the book, didn't seem as meaty as her usual work...Tipping the velevet I think was a three part piece, have seen Affinity too and they were much better books as well as adaptations...