iPad 2

Ben

Need some advice.

My mum has bought me a new laptop for my birthday, but my grandparents have sent them an email saying they want to buy me an iPad 2. I know I'm spoiled, right? Anyway, is there really any point in having both? I can't think of anything I can do easier on one rather than the other.

Help please.

Edited by Ben

I find my iPad better for games and I like it for catching up with programmes on iPlayer etc, when I don't have access to the television, particularly in the kitchen while I'm cooking, for example. I had it before my Kindle and it converted me to ebooks, but I prefer my Kindle for general reading now, however, I still like iBooks and use it in addition to Kindle and only have to take one device instead of two when I'm going out depending on what I might need it for. The benefit for me over the laptop is the touch screen for a more instinctive interface and it's even more portable (and light) than a laptop for going out and about.

I think at the end of the day, it depends how much of a gadget person you are - you could certainly live with just one, but if you love your technology, you'll enjoy having both.

Guest JellyBeans91

I have both. I use my iPad for reading and random stuff whereas I use my laptop for doing uni work and playing games that I can't get on the iPad. I couldn't live without either n

I have my Kindle for reading though, and my iTouch I play most my games on - when I play games that is.

I'm not sure what I'd actually use an iPad for if I'm honest.

Ben, just accept the gift and send it to me! biggrin.gif

You wish Michelle. :giggle:

Haha in all honesty I think I'm just too nice to not bother thinking about the price of how much something like that costs, especially if I don't know what I'd use it for.