Torchwood - Miracle Day

Michelle

I have only just properly discovered Torchwood, and husband bought me the boxset recently that I am gradually - and exceptionally happilly - working my way through. :D

I am looking forward to seeing how things develop from this first series.

• 1 month later...

How does everyone feel about the Americanisation of Torchwood? I watched the first one of this series and keep missing it since then, so will have to catch up online. I like the high-impact nature of the first episode, but I do worry about it becoming a bit too polished, if you know what I mean?!

We watched the first episode and thought it was terrible and have made a conscious decision not to watch any more. I loved the first two series, with one or two episode stories, and mainly because it was British and, I felt, quite unique. I didn't like the move to the five episode story last year, and I'm afraid for me, this new series is a step too far.

I have only been half watching as I keep forgetting that its on and missing the beginnings. It seems ok but dragging a little with the whole drugs company thing and I got a bit annoyed last week when they were shoehorning in differences between US and UK (ie Gwen drinking lemonade just so they could point out that UK have it fizzy US doesn't) other than that I am quite liking it.

my friend and I were both commenting yesterday that it had gotten very American I miss the quirkiness and the humour, I like Jack and Gwen and their interaction is good but its gotten to slick, as far as the story goes it would be more interesting if none of the animals died either just imagine!!!! I think it was better when it was a series with one story per episode or at the most with a two parter perhaps with an underlying storyline. Saying this I will continue to watch as there isn't anything else on.

I've only watched the first too because I'm always out every thursday evening and have to catch up over the weekend! But I quite liked the first two episodes! The only thing that is starting to slightly annoy me is that its like one continous episode, I like it more when its all different epsiodes with the occasional two parter thrown in!