Induction (The Blue Jackets) by M.Leon Smith

Weave

Title of Book: Induction (The Blue Jackets)

Name of Author: M.Leon Smith

Format: Kindle Edition

File Size: 57 KB

ASIN: B0055ECGNA

43.jpg

Synopsis ~

When you are a misfit life can be hard and for the teen-aged Tim, it's miserable. He sees the world around him differently than others and this makes him an outcast. What seems like a disability to everyone else may not be a disability at all, it may be a super ability like no other. Tim's life is changed forever when someone notices his special abilities and helps him discover his true calling-a superhero.

The Story ~

‘Induction’ tells the story of fifteen year Timmy Hewittson (or ‘Tim’ as he prefers to be called) who lives in a world where superheroes exist and save the world on a daily basis.

Tim is an outcast, a misfit, he feels that he does not fit in anywhere, he has trouble at home and at school and he is also living with Synaesthesia (which means he does not see or hear the same way as other people do, he sees people as shapes, and does not taste food the same way as other people do), following his diagnosis at the age of twelve, he is harassed at school and despite Tim’s efforts to fight back, he always ends up looking the bad guy. Tim’s life takes a different turn when one day during another detention, a Mr Clarkson appears, who tells Tim that he must go with him, when Tim questions this, he is told that the Head Teacher and his parents have given their permission, Tim remains sceptical but decides to go when he realises Mr Clarkson is a superhero, could this be what Tim is waiting for? To be a superhero? To finally be accepted by the world around him?

What I thought of ‘Induction (The Blue Jackets)’ ~

I enjoyed ‘Induction’, it has a great comic book feel to it and I loved how Tim developed as a character and he was easy to read and identify with but despite what he is happening in his life, I got the impression he was not beat yet and whatever happened he would cope with. The other characters were great to read, Mercedes (the daredevil of the story I thought) and Dave, who despite being the most boring man on earth, he’s good in a fight. I would like to see how all the characters develop and with ‘Induction’ there is potential, not because there is going to be a part 2 but because they are well developed who deserve more of their story to be told.

A definite must read for any comic book fan or anyone looking for a different spin on the superhero genre, there is plenty of twists and excitement. I also think it would be great as graphic novel, a story I could definitely see on shelves with the greats.

I am looking forward to reading part 2.

Rating: 10/10

Edited by Weave