Katie from London

katie.r

Hi everyone!

Just joined today so thought I'd say hello!

I'm Katie, 21, 3rd year BA Photography student in London. I've always loved reading since I was a little girl and can usually be seen struggling under the weight of my backpack full of books! My favourite book is The Secret History by Donna Tartt (so under appreciated!) though I was very disappointed by her other book, The Little Friend.

I've just recently started getting into the classics and have recently enjoyed Pride and Prejudice and Great Expectations. I'm currently reading The Great Gatsby (loving it so far!) and attempting Anna Karenina, though I'm about 30 pages in and struggling!

I love hearing about what people are reading and sharing my opinions about books I've read. In fact I think my friends are getting sick of my constant recommendations, so I'm thrilled to have found this site!

Hey Katie, welcome to the forum, it's good to have you on board. :welcome2:

I've a big lover of Fitzergerald's The Great Gatsby despite studying it for A Level English, something that has a tendency to put people off a novel. I too am about to get stuck into more classics so your opinion would be greatly appreciated if you find anything worthwhile. As for the fact you get to study photography, I am jealous. I myself have chosen to continue with my studies within the realm of English and philosophy, but photography has always particularly interested me, as I have a number of friends who are very talented. In any case, enough of my ramblings; I hope to see you around and about in discussion, and I'm sure you'll settle in great.

• 3 weeks later...