What Did You Have For Breakfast?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Andrea has answered Argon9's question - sadly for me at least) the so-called great British breakfast often does contain bacon, sausage etc. The meat free version that I had though had veggie sausages instead.

Edited by Talisman

Aren't all breakfasts mostly meat free?

Not your great British breakfast which can contain bacon, sausage and black pudding.

:D Nor, here in the Southern U.S. Bacon, sausage, steak, chicken liver all can and are included at one time/place or the other.

Steak and eggs are extremely popular.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grilled Lorne sausage in a crusty tiger roll. It was delicious and reminded us of waiting for a ferry to take us to Scotland's Isle of Mull. :D

lucky you. I had my usual bowl of cereal. I Mix Post Corn Chex with Kelloggs Crunchy Nut and then put a few spoonfuls of fruit cocktail on it and then Vanilla Soy Milk.

Just grapefruit for me this morning - red and white mixed together.

I can't eat grapefruit for breakfast as I am on Cardizem, a heart medication. Mixing Cardizem with grapefruit is a no-no. :)

:D Nor, here in the Southern U.S. Bacon, sausage, steak, chicken liver all can and are included at one time/place or the other.

Steak and eggs are extremely popular.

I guess I'm still stuck in my Dutch upbringing. Cheese and meats are for lunch mostly and breakfasts exist out of jam, peanut butter, sugar and chocolate sprinkles on bread. Sometimes boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, milk and/or orange juice. ^.^ Since I live in Sweden now I sometimes get hot rice porridge with cinnamon too ^.^

• 4 weeks later...

Cornflakes and skimmed milk. No sugar :icon_eek: I`ve decided that those extra pounds I`ve put on, need to go before they become a permanent fixture.

Gave up smoking earlier this year and I definitely think that`s got something to do with it (although eating too many chips doesn`t help)