Hi everyone

dk_know

Hey folks, just a quick message to same I'm new to the forum. I'm David, and I'm from Liverpool...

Looking to find some good crime/thriller/mystery authors as I'm running out of books to read from my current favourite authors! (Richard Montanari, Cody McFadyen, Simon Kernick...)

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

How about Jeffery Deaver, Chelsea Cain, Karin Slaughter, Kathy Reichs...?

Read all of Chelsea Cain's Archie Sheridan books (except the 4th that's just come out), a few of Karen Slaughters', not that keen on Kathy Reichs. I've read The Broken Window by Deaver and enjoyed it, though thought it was a bit tough to get in to at first.

How about The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen, is the first of a series following a detective and a pathologist, they are very detailed which may put some off but I thought they were very well written, full of suspense, they certainly kept me up late reading.

Hi,

Have you read any Scandinavian authors? Like Jo Nesbo and Steig Larsson? I particularly liked Jo Nesbo and I'm now keen to read some other Scandinavian authors. There's a post dedicated to Scandinavian Authors on the crime/thrillers board.

Have fun finding new authors :D

Hey folks, just a quick message to same I'm new to the forum. I'm David, and I'm from Liverpool...

Hi, David.

I'm Pixie and I live in a bog. :D

Welcome! :)

Hi,

Have you read any Scandinavian authors? Like Jo Nesbo and Steig Larsson? I particularly liked Jo Nesbo and I'm now keen to read some other Scandinavian authors. There's a post dedicated to Scandinavian Authors on the crime/thrillers board.

Have fun finding new authors :D

I've read the first 2 Larsson books - absolutely love them, got the third one waiting to be read.

Currently reading The Redbreast by Nesbo; bought the book because of the 'The next Steig Larsson' splashed on the cover, and as it was 99p in Waterstones (although you have to spend £20, which Is didn't know, and got it for 99p anyway). I'm not totally gripped by it to be honest - about 250 pages in, and I'll finish it, but not all the enamored with it to be honest!

Hi, and welcome!

If you haven't delved into James Patterson's books, they're usually a reliable choice. Many are series as well, so if you love a certain character/detective, there are usually more to follow.

Hi, and welcome!

If you haven't delved into James Patterson's books, they're usually a reliable choice. Many are series as well, so if you love a certain character/detective, there are usually more to follow.

Hey, thanks for the welcome!

I've not read any of Patterson's books, always seen them and thought I should give them a read; any in particular you would recommend?

Hello and welcome! Last time I was in Liverpool was for a festival three years ago!

Hope you enjoy the site. x

Thanks! It wasn't the Matthew Street Festival was it?! Despite living here I've never been to one!! :doh:

Hi David and welcome to the forum and Hi also to Waits

I am also a fan of James Patterson you cannot go wrong with his books and it also introduces you to other writers who are credited on his books

Hi David and welcome to the forum and Hi also to Waits

I am also a fan of James Patterson you cannot go wrong with his books and it also introduces you to other writers who are credited on his books

Great, sounds good to me then! Which book would you recommend I read first then?

Hey, thanks for the welcome!

I've not read any of Patterson's books, always seen them and thought I should give them a read; any in particular you would recommend?

Thanks! It wasn't the Matthew Street Festival was it?! Despite living here I've never been to one!! :doh:

No love it was Creamfields! x