Sister by Rosamund Lupton

Inver

Borrowed from my sis who highly recommended this one, us being sisters! Although she did warn me it would affect me more by being the older sister when reading it, and it did !! Tissues needed though!

Excellent read! Beatrice gets a call to say her younger sister is missing. She takes it on herself to solve the mystery of what truly happened to her, discovering things about her sister she didn't know. It takes us down the medical route of how her sister may have been involved in malpractice with a cure for Cystic Fibrosis, which their brother had and it could have affected her unborn baby. The police, Beatrice's fiance and their mother begin to accept the loss of Tess, but she has other ideas and keeps pursuing the truth, which she won't give up on. I don't know where she got the strength to keep going, and was accused of 'crying wolf' too many times.

Very well written. Heaps of emotions invovled, especially me being the older sister in our family and likenesses were uncanny at times. I loved the twist at the end and didn't see it coming at all.

This is Rosamund's first novel is writing another....can't wait to see what that one will be like 'Afterwards'.

Edited by Inver

I don't usually do the crime/thriller either Toni, but this was the exception and I liked the way it was written too. Makes a change to try something different.