The Darkness of Bones by Sam Millar

runner

Yet another great piece of story telling for £0.71p The Darkness of Bones is a story of child abuse loosely based on the Kincora scandal, the sexual abuse of teenage boys in Ireland in the 1980's. A young boy discovers a bone in a snow-covered forest. Initially Adrian Calvart thinks it could simply be that of an animal, but it belongs to a young girl who has been missing for three years. Adrian's father Jack an ex-detective is now and artist but also working as a private investigator, has hidden from his son his responsibility for his wife's death. When he confesses the truth to him Adrian runs from his home into the worst snowstorm for decades. Frank's search for his son brings him into contact with Jermiah Grazier and his drug-addicted wife Judith, a damaged refugee from an orphanage who now sees herself as an avenging angel. Meanwhile, in the derelict orphanage, a tramp discovers a sexually mutilated and decapitated corpse which is later identified as that of the grotesquely abusive head warden of the institute

This is a fantastic read and I thoroughly recommend so if you have a kindle do download a copy and let me know if you agree The link is below as I could not get the "insert link" above to work...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Darkness-of-Bones/dp/B004O0U3PE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3TVV12T0I6NSM&qid=1301769504&sr=1-1

Edited by runner