Has anyone read...?

VanessaL

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone read "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak? My history teacher recommended the book to me but I'm not sure if it's my type of book.

There's actually a whole thread about it here (although beware there may be some spoilers) http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/878-the-book-thief-markus-zusak :)

Has anyone read the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks?

And the book thief really seems to be a good read, I think I may just have to pick a copy up myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone read Game of Thrones? I started watching the HBO show and just downloaded the first book on my kindle. I'm trying to decide if I want to start this series first of The Hunger Games...any suggestions?

Has anyone read Game of Thrones? I started watching the HBO show and just downloaded the first book on my kindle. I'm trying to decide if I want to start this series first of The Hunger Games...any suggestions?

I believe the first one is called A Song of Fire and Ice

The first one is called "A Game of Thrones" - the series is called A song of Ice and Fire.

They are good. Very good, very well written.. But they are long, and can be slow. The Hunger Games you will blow through well in time for the film.

That being said, I vastly prefer them to The Hunger Games. But be prepared - once you complete the 5th book, you might be in for a wait for the 6th book. George RR Martin does not rush.

Edited by Hyzenthlay

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but as anyone read 'The Hunger Games? Can adults enjoy this as much as children? After seeing the trailer for the up coming film, I'm debating whether to read the books.

Edited by karen.d

Yes, there's quite a few people who've read it on the forum. Probably best not to go and look at the thread for the books as there might be spoilers, but I would say that I loved the first book in the trilogy, and although I didn't think the second and third were quite as good, they were still very entertaining and a great read. I'd definitely recommend them though. :)

I agree with Chesilbeach. Loved the first one - thought it was very unique, but didn't think the second and third quite lived up to the same standard. Still, they are quite an easy read, so well worth a go I think. :smile:

Yes, there's quite a few people who've read it on the forum. Probably best not to go and look at the thread for the books as there might be spoilers, but I would say that I loved the first book in the trilogy, and although I didn't think the second and third were quite as good, they were still very entertaining and a great read. I'd definitely recommend them though. :)

Ok I will buy this I think. Thanks :smile:

eBay is a dangerous website! Just bought:

Belgariad series by David Eddings

Malloreon series by David Eddings

Heritage of Shannara series by Terry Brooks

Banned and the Banished series by James Clemens.

Wondering if anyone has read any of these and can hopefully tell me how good they are!

(I know the original Shannara triology comes before heritage, It is in my TBR pile.)

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

its a cheap download for Nook, so I'm wondering if any good..?

Yeah it good, very weird but good. It is also unusual in that the TV series came first, also written by Gaiman, but the budget wasn't high enough to meet his creative demands so he wrote the book. TV series is good, book is better.

Yeah it good, very weird but good. It is also unusual in that the TV series came first, also written by Gaiman, but the budget wasn't high enough to meet his creative demands so he wrote the book. TV series is good, book is better.

Unusual indeed....and I wasnt even aware there was a tv series...thanks

eBay is a dangerous website! Just bought:

Belgariad series by David Eddings

Malloreon series by David Eddings

Heritage of Shannara series by Terry Brooks

Banned and the Banished series by James Clemens.

Wondering if anyone has read any of these and can hopefully tell me how good they are!

(I know the original Shannara triology comes before heritage, It is in my TBR pile.)

I have read the Belgariad by David Eddings, but can't remember reading the Mallorean; I thoroughly enjoyed the Belgariad. :)