Wraith's Reading

Wraith*

Well I get through books at quite a quick rate.

Today I'm reading:

Odd Thomas - Dean Koontz.

Adult/High School-Odd Thomas is just that. He works as a fry cook in the fictional California town of Pico Mundo. Should he ever leave that position, he sees a future in selling tires or shoes. What he lacks in ambition, he makes up for with a special gift. He communes with and sees the dead, some of whom enlist his help in avenging their deaths from foul play. His gift is a secret from everyone except his beautiful girlfriend and the Chief of Police, who never questions Odd's tips, advice, or presence at a murder scene.

Quite like this one. Odd is quite a likable guy and seems to know and be happy with his place in the world. I'll be looking for the sequals.

The Protector - David Morell

Biochemist Daniel Prescott creates a drug that is supposed to help stop addiction, but instead is rumored to provide an incredibly addictive rush by stimulating the body producing adrenaline. Fearing that undesirables will harm him to get at his creation, Daniel hires Global Protective Services, a security firm not squeamish about crossing legal barriers. Former Delta Force commando Cavanaugh serves as the lead "protector" to keep the client safe from the Feds, foreign governments, and drug kings. However, Cavanaugh gets a taste of the elixir, but loathes the monstrous amount of fear he feels caused by the geometric stimulation of adrenaline. When his men die in a firefight that Daniel caused before the biochemist vanished, Cavanaugh assisted by his wife joins those seeking the missing scientist, but unlike the myriad of others in the chase he needs the antidote.

Really REALLY liking this one. There are a lot of accurate details about the industry and I find it very well written and the lead is really one I'd like to read more about.

Sins Of The Blood - Kirstine Kathryn Rusch

Only read the first page but if the reviews I read on Amazon are anything to go by then buying it will be a double edge sword. The book, apparantly, is great but the author is hard to get hold of.

Daemonic - Stephen Laws

No one has seen Jack Draegerman for 20 years. He lives in a huge fortress known as "The Rock", its interior a crazy structure of labyrinthine, descending corridors, with no way out. But now he has summoned seven apparently unconnected men to visit him, and he's prepared to pay for the privilege

Again another one I've only read the first chapter of (in Starbucks with a nice Mocha). But If the blurb is anything to go by it's the typical kind of book I enjoy and the cover is fantastic.

I should finish those tonight so I'll let you know what they're like in the end and then update as to what new books I've got tomorrow.

Quite like this one. Odd is quite a likable guy and seems to know and be happy with his place in the world. I'll be looking for the sequals.

I enjoyed Odd Thomas very much, but I didn't think the first sequel was as good. I haven't gotten around to the third one yet.

Daemonic - Stephen Laws

Again another one I've only read the first chapter of (in Starbucks with a nice Mocha). But If the blurb is anything to go by it's the typical kind of book I enjoy and the cover is fantastic.

Stephen Laws is someone I read many years ago.. I know I read this one, but just can't remember it! Darkfall and Chasm were also good.

I have read some of Stephen Laws books as well including Daemonic, Ghost Train, Gideon (which is my favourite), Macabre, Somewhere south of midnight and The Frighteners, which I will always remember because I was reading it on the morning I got married.;)

I always liked the covers of his books, some of art work was really well done.

Ok I managed to finish most of these.

Really really liked this one. Felt the ending was quite good but in my opinion it needed to be dragged out a little more. I think I'd figured out how it was going to end quite early into the book but it didn't detract from the story.

The Protector - David Morell

Again one I really liked. Good strong story and I really clicked with the way it was written. My only criticism of this book is that there is no sequal ;)

Sins Of The Blood - Kirstine Kathryn Rusch

Meh, it was OK. I don't feel it lived up to all the Amazon hype and I actually got a bit bored reading it.

Daemonic - Stephen Laws

Didn't get a chance to finish this one. But the start was strong and I've been digging it out of my bag and reading it when I get a chance.

Overall

I'd have to reccomend Odd Thomas - Dean Koontz because I feel it'd be best suited to this audience. Romance, horror, realistic people and some parts made me chuckle.