The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

Janet

I read Secret Life of Bees, last year for my library book club (oh, how I miss it) and really enjoyed it. I agree that it was a very easy story to picture in your head. The descriptions were perfect, not too much but just enough.

I have the Mermaid Chair on my TBR list, has anyone read it?

I read Secret Life of Bees, last year for my library book club (oh, how I miss it) and really enjoyed it. I agree that it was a very easy story to picture in your head. The descriptions were perfect, not too much but just enough.

I have the Mermaid Chair on my TBR list, has anyone read it?

I have Mermaid Chair on the bookshelf downstairs..it is on my ever growing list!

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished 'The Secret Life of Bees' this evening and I really enjoyed it.

I found it quite slow at the beginning but I liked that, it seem to show how Lily was feeling, she was feeling down, not getting anywhere fast.

The story was excellent, a real sense of feeling amongst the characters, a very enjoyable story x

I found it quite slow at the beginning but I liked that, it seem to show how Lily was feeling, she was feeling down, not getting anywhere fast.

The story was excellent, a real sense of feeling amongst the characters, a very enjoyable story x

Read the Secret Life twice. I loved it so much that I read Sue Monk Kidd's next novel, the Mermaid Chair. Totally different but really soulsearching. Loved it too but I have to admit it was much different.

Yay!! I'm glad you liked it! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I loved this book -- a friend of mine sent it over from the States last year, after she read it and enjoyed it so much.

I read it cover to cover in a couple of days. It was very poignant...and at times had to wipe a tear away.

It did put me in mind of a film called *Fried Green Tomatoes* (at the Whistle Stop Cafe) - somehow -- not sure why though :D Great movie!

Maybe, it was the scene with the bees....and the bee charmer, and it was in the south.