hello from Thailand

kurtz

Sawasdee kha Khun Kurtz :) I'm English and married to a Thai. I lived in Bangkok for 8 years but have been back here with husband and daughter for over 20 years. Look forward to your posts and to hear how life is in Thailand - and, of course, what books you like to read.

Hello and thank you everyone. Sawadee khrap Khun Sue. I live in Chiang Mai province, about 15 K from Chiang Mai city. I read every kind of book but I my favorites are crime and espionage novels and also history. I also read many books about Thailand and other places in Asia.

I thought I should say Sawadee ton sai, to say hello, but perhaps I'm wrong? We were in Thailand for a vacation last Dec/Jan, but only went to Bangkok, KoSamui, Phuket and Krabi. We are hoping to visit Chang Mai on our next trip. (We were actually trying to visit Chang mai and Vietnam's Ha Long Bay, but it seems we need to go back to Bangkok to go to Vietnam, as there are no flights!)

Thank you everybody. Sawadee khrap Maureen. Women say sawadee khaa. If you come to Chiang Mai you can tell me on forum or with message and I would be happy to meet you. If you wish to go to Vietnam by plane from here, you are correct cannot fly straight from Chiang Mai to Vietnam. You have to go to Bangkok. Or you can also fly to Laos and connect from there. However lady I know runs tour bus from here to Vietnam, including Halong Bay, and is very cheap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Thaidave. No I have not read this book. I have seen it though and almost bought it. Is it good? I have read most of the Christopher G. Moore and John Burdett books, as well as all the Falcon novels. My favorite writer about SE Asia, though, is Colin Cotterill. I have read all his books more than once.