Future Freaks

vodkafan

Review:

Future Freaks by Sheila Reading

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the scifi section but plumped for here.

I downloaded this for free on my kindle after reading a couple of reviews on Amazon. I was pleasantly surprised. This book is aimed at the YA market, I don't know anything about the author but I am guessing she is not too old herself, as there was a certain naivety about the motivations of most of the adult characters. It is set slightly in the future where cloning, and wifi internet hard wired into your brain are just a couple of the joys to come. Oh yes and every body is young and beautiful because any undesirable genes have been spliced out of the human race a generation back.

But hey, being a teenager is still not easy when you have people trying to kill you and you find out you don't even know who your parents are; and normal people don't have that person who you have been speaking to in your head since you were a baby.....

I enjoyed this book, it obviously started off as someone's teenage daydream, as the teenagers are always one step ahead of the adults although they get in plenty of danger along the way. The ending was a bit quick and left a major plotline unresolved however.

• 3 weeks later...