Hi Folks! :)

Mike H.

I am Mike from Denver, CO USA.

I must say, I love reading. But, most of my life, I have not. The reason is I despise reading from books. The paper cuts my fingers, dries them out. The book makes my hands hurt holding it open. The inserts fall out and one loses their place. The spines crack and pages fall out...the list goes on and on...

Last year I was saved. I decided to buy an E-Reader - a Kindle to be more specific. I bought it and got the cover with the light that is part of the cover. It is wonderful. I have been able to enjoy reading again.

I am a sci-fi/fantasy freak, so anything that has to do with mystical realms, magic, warriors, demons, that kind of thing; I love it. I am also a fan of History, American Government profiles and basically keeping up to date with current events. I am a libertarian and believe we should be free to live as we please, so long as it does not physically or financially harm others. I believe in the right to defend oneself against harm by any means possible.

Right now, I work as a contractor for an Architectural Firm designing custom homes and high-end remodels. It isn't full-time work as I would wish, but in these trying times, I guess we take all we can get.

I love dogs, cats, video games...that kind of thing. I enjoy the outdoors, but don't get to go out nearly as much as I would like.

Anyhow, it is great to be here, I happened upon this site while searching google for Terry Goodkind book clubs. I look forward to getting to know each of you better as time goes forward.

Hello Mike and welcome!

I can't say that I have the same problems as you do with physical books, but I'm glad you've found a Kindle to be better suited to your needs.

Your job sounds very cool. cool.gif I hope you can work on a full-time basis soon.

Look forward to talking to you!

Hi and welcome.

I brought a Kindle last year and, although I did read before hand, I have read so much more since I got the Kindle. It's an amazing little device :D

Anyway, I hope you have fun here!

Hello, Mike! I can't say I've ever met someone who loves reading but can't/won't because of the trials of a physical book.

What are you reading at the moment?

Right now, I am on the second book of the Terry Goodkind Sword of Truth series. I also started the Icewind Dale trilogy, but haven't read much while engaged with the TG books.