Facial Expressions

Punkafoo

I was reading downstairs a while back and my mum asked why I was sitting there with a stupid smile on my face. I hadn't realised until then, that I pulled faces whilst reading,as I mainly read at night in bed. I have cried before at books too, although thankfully not in public.

• 4 months later...

I did check to see if there was already a topic about this, but couldn't find one using the search.

When reading a book in public and you come to a funny or sad part of a book and you need to laugh or cry, do you just it or just try and keep to yourself so other people won't think your weird?

I thought ill ask because coming home on the bus I was reading my book and I cam to a really funny part and I just wanted to laugh, which I kinda did, I was smiling, but everytime I need to laugh I hid under my scarf just to have a little giggle.

Plus when I come to a really lovey dovey part in a story I kinda smile to myself and hide my face, but that mainly happens when I'm in front of my parents.

I would certainly unconsciously smile for the funny parts, I never cry though, but when I read something smart, I look around, as if I want to shout and say “Can you believe what this guy just said?!”