The Killing

Kidsmum

Has anybody been watching this series it started on BBC 4 a couple of weeks ago, it's Danish so it is subtitled but it's compulsive viewing. Usually Saturday nights are a bit of a desert when it comes to good programmes so this is definitely worth watching.

I have watched most of it unfortunately am gonna have to catch up on the last half hour on Iplayer as I was distracted. I love it when BBC 4 do this kind of thing only wish they did it more often.

I think the acting is fantastic , Nanna's parents are just so believable in their roles.

Yes, they are. The end of the first episode got me quite choked up (in a manly way, of course :blush::lol: ).

Shall probably watched eps 3 and 4 tonight :)

When they told the boys that there sister wouldn't be coming home was the bit that got me :(

We watched episode 5 last night but have recorded 6, I don't know how Lund's replacement ever managed to get to be a detective he seems like an absolute wooden top :irked:

Don't know if you're aware, but the third season of The Killing is currently in production. And there was me thinking it was a one-off :doh::lol:

I'm not sure about the prospect of the American remake (with Michelle Forbes in the lead role), though. :rolleyes:

I'm really enjoying this excellent drama. It's well-written, well-acted, gripping stuff and I'm delighted to hear that there's more in the pipe-line!

By the way, did anyone else notice that there was a large plaster on Vagn's neck earlier in the series? He is rather creepy, in my opinion. Might just be a red herring, though

Don't know if you're aware, but the third season of The Killing is currently in production. And there was me thinking it was a one-off :doh::lol:

Crikey, I thought it was a one off as well:huh:

By the way, did anyone else notice that there was a large plaster on Vagn's neck earlier in the series? He is rather creepy, in my opinion. Might just be a red herring, though

Didn't notice the plaster but I agree he's well creepy, he was my no1 suspect at the start but I'm not sure now:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am going to catch up on it on iplayer :) BBC four has shown some wonderful programmes. :)

Edited by Weave

• 7 months later...

It's baaaaaack! :cool:

Much shorter season this time, only ten episodes, but after just two I could already sense it was much tighter and more focused. Great start. We're being spoiled with two seasons in one year. Best thing I've watched on tv this year by a mile (apart from Frozen Planet, maybe!) :)

Liking the new jumper, too :lol:

I could be wrong, but I think Lund is actually warming to Strange. Loved the conversation in the car ("Why didn't you tell me?" / "You were too busy being jealous" :lol: ) and the "Unless you invite me in for cake" line. So this is what they do: they make you like him then, given Lund's history with partners, he'll be dead before the end of the series. Either that or he'll turn out to be the killer, especially now we know he's got a military history :doh::lol:

:(

It's out on dvd in a couple of weeks, or there's the iPlayer :)

I never seem to get round to watching iplayer but thanks for the heads up about the DVD think I'll surprise my hubby with it for Christmassmile.gif

I never seem to get round to watching iplayer but thanks for the heads up about the DVD think I'll surprise my hubby with it for Christmassmile.gif

No probs, I hope you enjoy it. I think it's excellent. Again! :)