Ebook Readers For Android Phones

chrysalis_stage

I have a HTC Desire phone and have over the last 6 months downloaded many different reading/book apps (all for free) for my android phone, apps that help me organise my books such as My Book Droid (many more available) and others which allow me to download ebooks at a price or free. Everyone already knows of the kindle app for android phone where you can download books for a fee or sample books before hand which is great but I have come across a few others which I thought I'd share in case anyone wasn't aware of their existence and if anyone knows of any other good reading/book apps please do share. :)

Aldiko is pretty good, they have all the usual classics for free as well as some modern and independent writers works. I have about 20 books downloaded on that.

Moon+reader is a recent one I've downloaded and I haven't quite got my head round it, I do have a couple books on there such as H.PLovecraft, Jack London & Oscar Wilde

The one I have been most impressed with is: Laputa

I have over 20 books on Laputa thanks to the many sources you can download ebooks from such as:

Public domain which covers classics

Original books which covers self published books

Blazer which covers classics and modern

Manybooks mobile site which covers 28,000 ebooks

Gutenberg mobile site (familiar site with many)

Avayewn which covers many books I did not think were available for free as far as I was aware. This source is the best so far for more recent reads, I was amazed at what books and series they were provfiding for FREE, ones such as 'His Dark Materials trilogy', 'Twilight series', Anita Blake series, Dexter series, Dune Series, Harry Potter series, The Southern Vampire Mysteries:Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris, Mortal Instruments series, Outlander series, Percy Jackson series, The Dark Tower series, The Hitchhiker's Guide series, The Lord of the Rings series, The Vampire Diaries series, The Wheel of Time series and The Hunger Games and Catching Fire is available as well as many more.

I also downloaded some stand alone books such as: To Kill A MockingBird by Harper Lee, On The Road by Jack Kerouac, The Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray, American Gods by Neil Gaiman, Little, Big by John Crowley, The Host by Stephenie Meyer, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick, Dial M for Monkey by Adam Maxwell and Move Under Ground by Nick Mamatas. Many more to choose from.

I have come across a couple others but in my experience they were not as good as the ones described above :giggle:

Has anyone come across these readers before or any different ones?

Edit: I must say I'm not a massive fan of ebook readers atm, I can see the benefits but I much prefer a book in my hands. Alas I can't grumble if it is for free and on my phone so I need not go and buy an ereader such as a kindle. I think if I got that far into a book on an ereader I would believe the book was worth purchasing and finish it in book form. :)

Edited by chrysalis_stage