Maureen's reading blog (started 2007)

Maureen

A new year - started off with a new book - Memoirs of a geisha, which kept me up late last night. This year I shall be a bit time-constrained, and I know I shall not be doing as much reading as I would have liked, so I hope that I will enjoy what books I manage to read.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have now started Ruth Rendell's Adam and Eve and Pinch me. It could be because the book is a hardback and the type is slightly bigger than usual, but the first chapter seems a bit childish............

It has not gotten any better, unfortunately. The whole plot is childish, and every one can see what is coming next.......the liking graph is curving downwards fast...............

Have another one of hers waiting to be read, which I will do asap - that will decide whether it was just one book I did not like, or the style of the author.

Just out of interest, which one?

I've read a few RR books (if I'm not confused and it is her who writes Wexford) and they were okay, but I don't think I've read any of her non-Wexford ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...