Eliza's Reading Blog 2011

Guest Eliza1

Guest Eliza1

Priestess of the White (First book of the Age of Five series)

Trudi Canavan

When Auraya was chosen to become a Priestess, she could never have believed that a mere ten years later she would be one of the White, the gods' most powerful servants.

Sadly, Auraya has little time to adapt to the exceptional powers gifted her by the gods. Mysterious black-clad sorcerers from the south plague the land, and rumours reach the White of an army being raised. Auraya and her new colleagues work tirelessly to seal alliances and unite the Northern continent under their banner, but time is running out.

War comes to the lands of the White, and unless Auraya can master her new abilities, even the favour of the gods may not be enought to save them...

Comment

I heard of Trudi Canavan through recommendation. Rather than read one of her earlier works, I decided to go for something more recent. This start to the trilogy is really good. I always feel it's not right to judge a storyline on the first book of a series for obvious reasons, so I'll reserve that for when I've read the other two :D It's a lovely book, really stimulates the imagination with the range of characters and diversity of creatures. She's a very good story teller all round, the book very much keeps you interested from the first page. I will definately be reading the other two. 7/10 for this.

Edited by Eliza1