Superhero novels

aviv chadash

Hello!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Does anyone know of any novels in which the characters have superpowers? Something akin to Smallville. I found another post with the suggestion of Devil's Cape. Anyone know of any others?, they're surprisingly difficult to come across.

Thanks,

Aviv.

Thanks Raven and Bigwords. I saw that list, but I suppose I was looking for something which wasn't based on an established Marvel, DC character; it's not actually for me, but I think something unconnected to those characters would be better. I remember on occasion picking up a comic as a child, and I always found the story lines to be a little peculiar (yes, even for stories about people with superpowers), I don;t think they'd like the book if it was to wayward.

I've been meaning to put together a list of original characters to accompany the first list. This might be the nudge I need to get on with that. Oh, and if you're wanting to avoid wayward stories, then steer as clear as you can from The Fermata, which may be the single most wayward novel ever written about individuals with remarkable abilities.

The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester is a young adult title but quite enjoyable. It is of course about a girl who discovers she can fly. Eventually the authorities find out and try to keep her in a compound with other children with superpowers where attempts are made to "cure" her. Of course the kids fight back and let the fun begin!

• 8 months later...