Raven Hart - The Vampire's Seduction

Michelle

In the middle of reading the second book in this series, I realised that I hadn't reviewed the first one. So, here we are...

Synopsis:

When it comes to a wild and seductive nightlife, Savannah has bite.

Older than the United States and wealthy beyond his years, playboy William Cuyler Thorne is a vampire with a nice long undead life—one that includes a steady stream of admirers, a consistent supply of rejuvenating blood, and, best of all, a cover as one of Savannah’s most prominent pillars of society.

But all good things must end.

Now an ancient enemy has come for William from across the seas. It is his sire, Reedrek, the vampire who created him. And Reedrek will stop at nothing until all that is precious to William—his beautiful mistress, his stable of willing female victims, his glorious estates, and his good-ol’-boy vampire sidekick, Jack—is within his voracious grasp. But William has an arsenal of his own—one that is enhanced by the power of voodoo. And when these two bloodsuckers meet, there will be hell to pay.

Review:

Vampire books seem popular now, especially the various 'paranormal romance', and 'chick-lit' types. This vamp book, however, is certainly not in either category. Mind you, neither would I class it as a horror, even though the publishers appear to.

William and Jack are very strong, well written characters - they are very different, and yet they compliment each other well. They're also supported by a wealth of other characters, including shape shifters.

The storyline is well written, and very gripping.. you feel as if you really know these characters, and care about their outcomes. There's a clever mix of humour, blood and sex, and it'll leave you wanting more....

(I wish I was better at writing these!)

Erm... I wouldn't say it's particularly bloodthirsty, and I certainly wouldn't class it as a horror. But, it's also hard to compare it with Kelley Armstrong. (There are some rather adult sex scenes, mind you, but they fit with the story.)

What I will say is that back in our old vampire thread, Mamacita said she had nightmares for weeks after 'Interview With The Vampire', but she loved Raven's book.

• 6 months later...

Aha! You see! One of these days I'll get round to compiling a quick-find thread for this section, so everyone can find the reviews quickly and easily. I've just done one for the reading circle forum (far fewer books and threads to list and link up there, so I thought I'd start easy - LOL!).

It's always nice to bump up an older thread that others might have missed...

The search facility doesn't always bring them up though (for some odd reason). But if you think there's no need for it, it's less work for me - LOL!