Which films are you looking forward to in 2011?

Kell

Having just seen Tron Legacy in 3D at the IMAX cinema in Glasgow, I'm looking for more new movies I fancy seeing this year...

The Green Hornet

Seth Rogan isn't usually my first choice of people I'd like to see in movies, but having seen the trailer, this actually appeals quite a bit. :)

True Grit

I've never seen the original, but plan to rectify that. However, I REALLy want to see this remake starring Jeff Bridges - after Tron Legacy, I am SERIOUSLY loving this man. Add to the mix the talents of Matt Damon, Josh Brolin, and newcomer Hailee Steinfeld (who looks to be someone to watch in the future, by all accounts!), and I think this is a surefire hit!

Black Swan

Starring Natalie Portman, this is no run-of-the-mill dance flick. Looks to be a dark thriller that should get the spine a-tingling and I can hardly wait to see it. Even my hubby, who wouldn't watch a dance film if his life depended on it, wants to see this, andhe's a man of discerning tastes.

Cowboys and Aliens

From the look of the trailer, this should be unexpectedly good - it certainly looks awesome and it stars Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig, Sam Rockwell and Olivia Wilde, so they've brought out some big guns for this one!

Season of the Witch

It's Nicholas Cage - what more do I need to say?

The Eagle

Roman legions, well, that's my bag, so I want to see this one! It also stars Donald Sutherland and it's set in 140AD Scotland where the 9th Legion disappeared 20 years earlier...

I Am Number 4

I've not read the book, but I'm going to. And I'm' going to see this film for sure! Even Dale thinks this one looks good, which is unusual, seeing as how it's based on a YA novel!

Jane Eyre

Mia Wasikowska proved herself in Alice in Wonderland, and Jamie Bell (of Billy Elliott fame) is long overdue a foray into more adult roles. I love the novel and am expecting a fairly decent adaptation here.

Paul

It's Simon Pegg and I love him. I don't care if it's aliens - I love him and I want to watch him being funny. With aliens.

Scream 4

Come on,seriously, who DOESN'T want to see this? All the originals are returning, so it's gotta be seen if only for nostalgia's sake.

Fast Five

Yup, all the originals are returning for this sequel too - and what red-blooded woman doens't want to watch Vin Deisel in a fast car?

Thor

Norse Gods transplanted to modern day? Count me in! It's also got Hollywood heavyweights Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman, and has Kenneth Branagh at the helm. What's not to like? Oh, and Thor is pretty hot too. ;)

Priest

I have two words for you - Paul Bettany. I'm of the very firm belief that he is one of the finest actors of this generation and he can absolutely do no wrong. I am DYING to see this dark comic book alternative to movies with sparkly vampires. ;)

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

I LOVE Transformers. And there's the added bonus of them getting shot off the talentless pretty bird and giving Sam a new girlfriend - hurrah!

Fright Night

Yes, they've remade the cult classic 80s vampire flick. With David Tennant. Cue the thunder of Dr Who fans stampeding towards cinemas up and down the country. ;)

The Three Musketeers

Upside: Milla Jovovich as Milady deWinter and Orlando Bloom as Buckingham. Downside: Matthew Macfaddyan as Athos and James Cordon as Planchett. I'll take the trade and watch it anyway as it's one of my favourite swashbuckling adventures.

So, which films have you guys anxiously awaiting the tickets going on sale?

I don't even know much about what's coming out, except I will obviously be going to see the final instalment of Harry Potter!

I might also check out Water for Elephants and Jane Eyre. And there's a Winnie-the-Pooh movie coming out that I might be interested in as well. :)

Kell, have you seen the original Tron film from '82? If you love Jeff Bridges you'll surely love him in the original version :).

I haven't had a thorough perusal of 2011 films being released yet (especially the indie titles), but here are a few to which I'm looking forward:

True Grit: It was released here last weekend but I probably won't get to see it until the new year. Any Coen bros film is one I'll see. They're my favorite!

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: Loved the first two films, so hopefully this fourth installment will be good too (and nothing like the third! :lol:)

Paul: Simon Pegg and Nick Frost - truly can't get any funnier IMO.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: I have the original Swedish version in my Netflix queue to watch this weekend, but I'm also really excited to see the American version because it's directed by David Fincher and well, he's another one of my favorites :D.

These two because I loved the books and it's just icing on the cake to have the Neck starring in them ;) - Water for Elephants and Bel-Ami.

Plus Breaking Dawn Pt 1, duh! In this case though it's strictly to see The Neck, since the book version was my least fave, heh.

Kell, have you seen the original Tron film from '82? If you love Jeff Bridges you'll surely love him in the original version :).

I have indeed - I've been a huge fan since I saw it as a child. We've been waiting the best part of 30 years for the sequel. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Very much looking forward to the second installment of The Deathly Hallows because I felt slightly let down by the first installment. I found it lacking, but then again I guess it kind of acted as a 'filler' (in my opinion anyway) and I can't wait for all the action! I am also curious to see how David Yates has done the Epilogue :D

• 2 weeks later...

Gnomeo and Juliet

Paul

Breaking Dawn Pt 1

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt 2

Rango

Tangled

The Hangover 2

Kung Fu Panda 2

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Cars 2

The Smurfs

The Final Destination 5

Happy Feet 2

A load of films out that I wanna see.

Heres the website where I got these from Movies 2011

There was another film Something Borrowed, I want to see it because I have read the book, but at the same time I kind of don't maybe because I don't want to see it as a movie and ruin my characters that I saw in my head.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking forward to the US version too, Talisman. David Fincher can do no wrong IMO so I hope it doesn't disappoint!

I know it sounds a bit snobby, but good as the Hollywood version might be, I don't think it will be a patch on the originals. I will still go and see it though, if only through curiosty. For me though Noomi Rapace will always be the real Lisbeth. Looking forward to a Millenium fest when the third DVD comes out on 12th April. I have had it on advance order for months now !

I'm going to try and book a ticket for Norwegian Wood this weekend (it's showing at a local film club in early April).

I was in two minds as to whether I wanted to see it whilst reading the book, but having seen the trailer again since I finished it last week, it looks very good so it will be off to the picture house for me (unless the three showings they have are fully booked, in which case that will be me awaiting the DVD release!).

I'm going to try and book a ticket for Norwegian Wood this weekend (it's showing at a local film club in early April).

I was in two minds as to whether I wanted to see it whilst reading the book, but having seen the trailer again since I finished it last week, it looks very good so it will be off to the picture house for me (unless the three showings they have are fully booked, in which case that will be me awaiting the DVD release!).

Let us know how it is Raven :) I enjoyed the book :)

Black Swan (haven't seen it yet), Black Death, Snow Flower and the secret Fan (though I think I might want to see if I can read the book first), Battle: LA, Beastly, the Adjustment Bureau..

Too many. Oh of course, the last HP film. X-Men first Class, Thor. Can go on for a while hee hee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...