Looking for a book

Hi, I am trying to find a book that would help me improve my English. I guess any genre is fine, but I want the book to be easy to read that it is not as formal as news articles, nor is it like children's books. Basically, it would be awesome if the book is fictional and written with casual/conversational language. The Zombie Survival Guide was a good one. I'd be appreciated if you guys can suggest some to me. Thanks.

James Patterson is quite an easy writer to read, and he has written a large range of books, so he might be worth looking into.

I would have a look at young adult books too. They are often ignored because of their age group, but are often very good books and you will see that a lot of readers on the forum really enjoy them as well written, but quite quick reads.

JK Rowling , Angie Sage, Cassandra Clare, Philip Pullman are just a few Young Adult authors I can recommend.

Good luck finding some books you enjoy. :)

Have a look at the Quick Reads (their website is www.quickreads.org.uk) - the books are short books designed for people who haven't read for a while or who struggle with reading, to help them get their confidence with reading. Plenty of authors have contributed to the collection, and there's lots of choice in a variety of genres, so there should be something there to grab your attention.

Edited by chesilbeach