Thrillers / Nicci French

I'm new to here, so HELLO! :)

I need to find a new author. I'm not a huge reader however one author I've never been disappointed in is Nicci French and have read all their books. I'm now at a loss with what to try next!

One thing I really dislike are books written from the point of view of a police detective or lawyer. Urgh, hate that! I like crime thrillers through the eyes of someone I can relate to (mid 20's, professional, female)

(I'm not a fan of any type of Shopaholic / Chick Lit type stuff)

Thanks in advance for any tips you can offer, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

KP

Val McDermid is worth a read. She has written a number of stand alone novels, as well as her Tony Hill series.

Manda Scott, before she wrote her brilliant Boudica series wrote some stunning and captivating novels; 'No Good Deed', 'Hen's Teeth', 'Stronger Than Death' and 'Night Mares'.

Carol O'Connell is another favourite of mine. Her Mallory series is wonderful, and her two stand alones, 'Judas Child' and 'Bone By Bone' are haunting.

Sara Paretsky's VI Warshawski series are really good books based upon the experiences of a female PI in Chicago.