Hello all

diemperdidi

Hello,

I'm quite excited about joining a new forum. I'm a student in my 3rd year at Edinburgh University but have taken some time off, and I remembered how being on a book forum when I was younger was quite a comfort in difficult times, so thought I'd join a one again. I love to read, obviously, and write. I study French and English Language and I love language in all its forms. The linguist David Crystal is a bit of a hero. I don't have a favourite book because there are too many, but right now I'm reading Titus Groan by Mervyn Peake (part of the Gormenghast trilogy). I can't wait to get stuck into some exciting literary debate!

Welcome diemperdidi! Glad you joined us. Do you have any fave genres you like to read?

I wouldn't really say I have a favourite genre. I'll read most anything really. I'm not overly fond of crime and horror stuff but I would still read something of those genres if it was recommended.

By the way, I love your quote for the week. Say Anything is one of my favourite films.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...