inspiration

kitch

Hi There,

I love to read, given the time, and absence of exam pressure, which being a doctors and trainee anaesthetist is not all that common. However, minimal I always try to read before going to bed, to keep me sane and stop my "to read" pile from hitting the ceiling.

One of my main reasons for join this site is to try and broaden my read horizons, my mum and grandmother have always led the way with the books I read, namely crime and thrillers, tess gerritsen, patricia cornwall, ... etc etc I have stumbled across some other gems like harry potter, philip pulmans darkness material, and the inheritance cycle.... leading me to fee fantasy is a genere I'd probably like and no-one in my family reads fantasy so hence no one to guide me.

So here I am, and rather than just silently read the reviews, I though I would introduce myself and participate.

Kitch

Hello and welcome to the community.

I'd like to suggest the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. There are so many varying degrees of different types of Fantasy Fiction in all of the books of the series that it is very hard not to like them. A little food for thought there.

How long have you been studying for the medical profession?