new Jane Eyre film

nursenblack

Me too, I love Jane Eyre :) Isn't that acress blonde though? I'd always imagined Jane Eyre as a brunette. I know that doesn't really matter in terms of the story but I wonder if she will dye her hair for the role..

Me too, I love Jane Eyre :) Isn't that acress blonde though? I'd always imagined Jane Eyre as a brunette. I know that doesn't really matter in terms of the story but I wonder if she will dye her hair for the role..

Her hair was changed to brown. And even though she is pretty she pulls off the "plain Jane" look well.

This will make the third remake I believe? The original with Orson Wells and Joan Fontaine was good, just not long enough for my taste. I absolutely loved the version with Timothy Dalton though, I thought it caught the book well. Haven't seen the next one, although I heard good things about it. The cast, if I recall correctly, wasn't one that I envisioned as accurate though.

Ooh I love Jane Eyre. I'm not sure how I feel about Mia Wasikowska playing Jane. I really didn't like her in Alice in Wonderland. She felt flat and emotionless. But I am intrigued.

This will make the third remake I believe? The original with Orson Wells and Joan Fontaine was good, just not long enough for my taste. I absolutely loved the version with Timothy Dalton though, I thought it caught the book well. Haven't seen the next one, although I heard good things about it. The cast, if I recall correctly, wasn't one that I envisioned as accurate though.

I'm always interested in seeing adaptations of Jane Eyre, because it's one of my all time favourite books.

There's been quite a few. I like the Timothy Dalton one, but my favourite is the Toby Stephens/Ruth Wilson version. There was also one with George C Scott as Rochester (Susannah York played Jane). And there was one with Samantha Morton playing Jane - not seen that one, but it's not very highly regarded, although Samantha Morton is a fabulous actress.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the new one. Michael Fassbender should make a good Rochester. There's also a movie based on the lives of the Brontes coming out next year, which should be great.

I'm always interested in seeing adaptations of Jane Eyre, because it's one of my all time favourite books.

There's been quite a few. I like the Timothy Dalton one, but my favourite is the Toby Stephens/Ruth Wilson version. There was also one with George C Scott as Rochester (Susannah York played Jane). And there was one with Samantha Morton playing Jane - not seen that one, but it's not very highly regarded, although Samantha Morton is a fabulous actress.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the new one. Michael Fassbender should make a good Rochester. There's also a movie based on the lives of the Brontes coming out next year, which should be great.

JE is certainly one of my all time favorites as well. I'd completely forgotten about the George C. Scott version. Ir was good. I don't know Fassbender, will investigate. :)

I saw a version with Ciaran Hinds and Samantha Morton which certainly delivered in the plainness of the leads - they both looked decidedly plain (despite her being quite a striking-looking woman). It was made for TV in 1997, but not bad at all, if I recall.

I like Ciaran Hinds, wasn't he the one in Persuasion? He was perfect in the role. I can certainly see him as Rochester.