Hello :)

joanya

Hi all.

My name is Johanna and I'm 24 years old. I'm currently working as a History teachers at a Sixth Form Centre in Brunei. I have always enjoyed reading but since I started work, I haven't been reading a lot.

Growing up, I used to read Enid Blyton (I used to think her name was Gnid though, must have been the way she wrote her 'E's), Sweet Valley, The Baby Sitters Club, Paul Jennings, and I suppose, Archie Comics. I remember really enjoying such classics like Black Beauty, Little Women and the Secret Garden.

I love watching television shows, and some shows I've been watching include Melissa and Joey, The Event, Rules of Engagement, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Glee, The Vampire Diaries and 30 Rock. I think Liz Lemon is inspiring.

I have a knack for remembering useless information and especially quotes from movies.

I've been told I can be quite random as well...

I suppose that should be all for me. I look forward to posting more and discussing books! :)

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

To answer a few questions, yes that is me in my avatar, and I suppose a specific genre I would list as my favourite would be children's fantasy. I really enjoyed reading the Harry Potter series and His Dark Materials. I've read some of the books from the Narnia series but have yet to read all of them. There is something that I find about children's fantasy more appealing compared to adult fantasy. Well, I did really enjoy Stardust as well but children's fantasy has this feel good quality about it coupled with a child's perspective that makes it more interesting.