Judy Blume's Summer sisters

Elin

• 2 weeks later...

I read the book when I was in my teens, and I remember loving it. I have planned to re-read it at some point if I can find it again. Blume has a way of writing about young people in a way I think you can easily relate to.

She's not that well known here, or known at all I would say, so summer sisters is the only one I know.

And you're right,she writes characters one can relate to easily. It's fun to see how different one sees them all now from the first time reading it.

Hope you find it! :)

I read a lot of her books when I was a teenager and she really knew what sort of issues troubled young people and was able to write about it in a way that was easy to relate to.

Her characters are always easy to identify with and are believable. I have read Summer Sisters but don't remember much of the story, it is one that I think I will have to dig out and re-read very soon.

Thanks for reminding me of such an excellent writer!! (If you like her style of writing you would probably also enjoy books by Paullina Simons)