Another trip to the book store!

acliffe85

Another trip to the second hand book store today.....I could spend all day it there.....

is it just me or do you get more enjoyment out of a second hand book store than something like borders, waterstone chapters? is it just me? the smell of the old books,the creases.

so the new addition to my book collection is

# Meg Rosoff...How I Live Now

# Jane Green...The Other women

# Laura Kasischke...Be Mine

Have spend all day reading Save Karyn....yes I have been reading it for about 3 months lol...but I can now say I am nearly finished only about 100 pages to go opp....then what to read next might give Adele Parks ago or Jane Green.

I definitely prefer used bookstores. I used to practically haunt the Half Price Books in the town we used to live in, but I haven't been able to find as good a place in our new town. Browsing a used bookstore feels like a treasure hunt to me, there's almost nothing I like better.

I have to say, I've never thought about preference before! They're one and the same to me - I don't mind at all about book condition and they both have their advantages. New books are very crisp and shiny, and I quite like buying a first or limited edition and knowing only I've owned it. On the other hand, I love browsing the classics section of second hand bookshops. I regulary pick up little early 20th century versions with inscriptions inside the cover. Those books have so much character!

When I was at college, there was an excellent 2nd-hand books place in the indoor market, which I would frequent on an almost daily basis. There was also a gorgeous little 2nd hand book shop around a corner that I loved to visit. It was tiny, but I could easily spend a couple of hours in there. That said, I would spend an equal amount of time in Ottakers. I'm not so keen on Waterstones and I don't go so often to our local Waterstones as I used to when it was still Ottakers!

I tend to have a look round the big bookshops for books that are new out or are part of an ongoing series, otherwise I love my little second hand bookshop round the corner from me I always come out with bags full for hardly anything at all. they even run a trade in service too :D might even pop in their today now :D