"Muscular Development" by Advanced Research Press

Libertate

Was this helpful?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Was this helpful?

• Yes, keep it coming
    • No, you do this again, you are banned

I know I know. This is not really a book, but a monthly magazine.

I read it, does that count?

As you might have noticed I am into health, nutrition etc...

"Muscular Development" is one of the few non-conforming magazines I enjoy once a month.

Joe Wieder is considered one of the great leaders of commercializing body building. He started several body building contests, and magazines succesfully. Problem is - the commercial part have taken over these magazines to the point where the content is targeted toward the masses, and the un-initiated. There are more discussions of how to loose that love handle, then getting the extra edge between those specific muscle groups.

"Muscular Development" provides a refreshing difference. It gives hard core - I mean seriously hard core information, albeit you have to dig between all the advertisements.

I am a firm believer of surounding myself with people who are smarter and better at what I am trying to achieve. Want to have a bit better body? Who will you have around you? A bunch of people with ok bodies, or a bunch of people with muscle definition a first year med student would love to study off of?! Exactly - the second group.

Do you HAVE to take the steroids and supplements they discuss? No, but it is sure good to know how the cutting edge works. Maybe a bit of scaled-back works. That low glycemic index foods with doing your cardio on empty stomach in the morning might just give you that slight edge to get over your "hump".

So, my recommendation - pick one up - enjoy the content, and see if you can get some of the extreems out and apply some of it to your health and lifestyle.