About the Author

Author: John Colapinto

ISBN # 184115640X

Publisher: Fourth Estate

First Published: 2001

254 pages

Rating: 9/10

The Blurb:

Cal Cunningham dreams of writing an autobiographical novel that will help him escape from his life as a penniless bookstore stockboy in upper Manhattan. Yet, after two years of living together, it is Stewart, Cal's studious flatmate who has finished writing a page-turning novel -- based on Cal's life. When a timely, fatal bicycle accident removes Stewart from the scene, Cal appropriates the manuscript as his own and places it in the hands of the legendarily ferocious literary agent Blackie Yeager. Soon Cal realises his most outlandish fantasies of literary success. That is, until he discovers that someone knows his secret. For Cal, this means plotting not just his second novel, but also his first murder.

The Review:

I may have found a new author to add to my list of favourites! This is the first book I

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did - it's certainly one of the best books I've read all year! And "Hitchcockian", well, it just fit - it was the one word I could think of that really did describe it. :018:

• 2 weeks later...

I've lent my copy to my Mam as I think she'll really enjoy it. I think it's one I'll read again too, as I think it's one of those books that I might well pick up a little extra on re-reading it at a later point. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did - it was very nearly a 10/10 for me!