Susanna Clarke

Ronny

This book is gorgeous!! I bought it as I picked it up in the shop and couldn't put it down! The cover is all fabricy and has gorgeous pink flowers upon it - so appealing to a big girly!

I have read the beginning third of Jonathan Strange and was interrupted by circumstances, never to pick it up again (even though I had really enjoyed what I read). I thought that this collection of short stories would really give me a way into Susanna Clarkes writing (given that I could dip in and out). I started to read it but to me (having not finished Jonathan Strange) I felt like the stories may give away too much about what happened in her first book as it seems the stories are set in the same universe, and so I had to stop :018:

Saying that though, it is a beautiful collection - PLUS very excitingly - there is a short story in there somewhere set in the village of Wall, from Neil Gaimans 'Stardust', my all time favourite book :018:

- if anyone reads it, please let me know if you think it may ruin Jonathan Strange for me!! Thanks!!

• 2 years later...