Hello from Remy Porter

Remy Porter

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm 35 years old and recently emigrated with my wife and 4 year old daughter from the North of England to the sunny climes of South Australia ...although it's the middle of their winter at the moment!

Cheers, Remy

Edited by Chrissy
Edited earlier to remove included Promotional bits.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I left a comment in the Zombie thread that you replied to.

I hope you become an active memeber on the forum, you views about that genre will be interesting.

There are few Zombie readers on the forum, so hopefully you will have loads of people to compare reviews with.

CW.

I have a particular fondness for two genres really - crime and horror. I grew up on a steady diet of James Herbert and Stephen King from my mid-teens. Probably from the time I became a police officer around 7 years ago (I'm 35 now) I started to get more into crime novels, with a love of Dennis Lehane's Patrick Kenzie novels and Harlan Coben's work. Currently starting to get into a good Australian writer I've discovered - Peter Temple. Check out his Broken Shore, it's brilliant! I should also mention Matt Hilton, who I did my police training with and now has a 800,000 pound deal with Hodder for his action novel series featuring his character, Joe Hunter ...not jealous at all! Lol

It was a five book deal with Hodder for 800,000 pounds. And that doesn't include the foreign rights that later sold to overseas publishers. Here's one of the original news stories from the Daily Mail;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1012241/PC-gives-beat-capturing-800-000-publishing-deal-write-crime-novels.html