Returning

megustaleer

Hi,

I like the shiny new site!

I have been here before, but not as a regular contributor. I think I lost you when my computer blew up, and time being what it is as one ages, that appears to have been longer ago than I realised.

Long enough ago for you to have deleted me from the system, but fortunately leaving my user name and password available for me to reclaim.

I am a life-long reader, although since I retired I seem, unaccountably, to read less than I did when I had to grab reading time from a busier life. I disbanded my To Be Read mountain a couple of years ago, as it was getting embarrassing, and the unread books are dispersed around the house on our many bookshelves. However, I do seem to be building another TBR pile as I can't stop buying more books. Mostly I buy from charity shops, or exchange them on Read It Swap It.

I am granny to two little boys and a little girl, an active member of the local U3A (and leader of two groups), do line dancing once a week for the exercise, and have been a moderator on BookGroup Online for five years. I am also a member of the mainly American Online Book Club, but only as an occasional visitor, and I belong to the non-book forums Ship of Fools, and Ravelry

My time at the moment is mainly taken up with gardening, and I am delighted with the rain we have had in the last week, as I was sick to death with having to water the vegetables every day of the last two months 'drought'.

We have two very fluffy cats, which we adopted as adults four years ago. They were the 'children' of their previous owners, and expect us to give them the same amount of attention. I'm afraid they are often sadly disappointed.

I have recently started borrowing audiobooks from the library, so that I can 'read' while gardening etc. Although I am a bit of a technophobe, I can see the time coming when I will embrace the idea of ebooks - but not until the ereaders, and the supply of ebooks have improved.

In the meantime I will stick mainly to my charity shop paperbacks for the moment.

I hope I will visit BCF more regularly, and not fall by the wayside this time

megustaleer

I joined this forum a couple of years ago but never really posted much, not really sure why! I kind of stumbled across the forum again today and remembered I used to have an account and thought I would check it out! So I'm back and hopefully this time to stay!