New Swedish member here

romantiscue

Pleased to meet you all!

I suppose I should try to do this the traditional way;

I'm a 18 year old female from Sweden's capital, Stockholm. Obviously, I'm a voracious reader, or I wouldn't have ended up here :D

I enjoy all kinds of books, try my best not to get stuck in any specific genre, and to read things outside my comfort zone (which is admittedly rather large). I do tend to get obsessed with certain themes though; most recently, I'm all about cross-dressing, gender roles and issues concerning sexuality in historical fiction and non-fiction.

Last book read was Pamela Kaufman's Shield of Three Lions. It was a most fascinating romp through the early middle ages, and will be reread many times in the future.

Welcome to the forum. smile.gif

Have you read Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides? It deals with gender issues; the main character is a hermaphrodite. It's contemporary fiction and an awesome read.

ETA: Just saw Pixie's post. Great minds...

It's alright; once I'm annoyed enough, I'll hunt it down even if I have to walk to the flames of hell to find it :D

I like your tenacity. ;):D

Welcome to the forum. smile.gif

Have you read Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides? It deals with gender issues; the main character is a hermaphrodite. It's contemporary fiction and an awesome read.

ETA: Just saw Pixie's post. Great minds...

For a second there, Kylie, I thought I had double-posted. :lol:

Tack så mycket! :D Did you learn swedish in school? *curious*

Yeah, Swedish is the second official language here in Finland so we learn it in school. I love the language and the culture and the people :) Well, I love all the Nordic languages and countries :D 

Hello and welcome to the forum, you sound like you shall settle with ease into the discussion; pleased to meet you. :friends0:

Edited by Ben