Abarat-Days of Magic, Nights of War by Clive Barker

Weave

Hello There...

Well I finished 'Abarat-Days of Magic, Nights of War' at 3 o'clock this morning and it was brilliant, the only downer, there is a third part!

In the first book 'Abarat', it tells the story of Candy Quackenbush (yes that is her name) who lives in a small town called Chickentown. There is not much happening in Chickentown, and Candy knows it...

The first book tells you how Candy mets John Mischief and his brothers and how she ends up in Abarat (a world where it is a difference time on all 22 islands of Abarat) being chased by Mendelson Shape and Christopher Carrion, The Lord of Midnight and the Criss Cross Man, Otto Houlihan. At the end of the book, Candy has made a friend in Malingo, who is a Geshrat (one of many species of Abaratian)

The second book continues with Candy still being pursued and Candy is discovering how much magic she control, as the story continues, she uses her powers more and more. Places she has never been to before are familiar to her as well. As the story progressed we find out more about Candy, about her past, her future and what she means to Abarat.

I really enjoyed this book, it was brilliant, the characters were fantastic, and you will either love or hate Candy as a character, but I think she is brilliant, very bright, very sparky...

If you get the chance read both of the Abarat books, they will make the world seem a cheerier place, believe me..

:smile2: