Artemis Fowl and the Lost Colony

Author: Eoin Colfer

ISBN # 0141382686

Publisher: Puffin

First Published: 2006

376 pages

Rating: 8/10

The Blurb:

Ten millennia ago, the fairy people were defeated in a great battle with mankind, forcing them to move underground. Only the 8th family of fairies remained undefeated: the demons. But now one demon has discovered the secrets of the fairy world, and if humans get hold of this information, the fairies are in big trouble. Only one person can prevent this disaster - teenage criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl.

The Review:

Artemis Fowl has done a bit of growing up since he first kidnapped a fairy in order to gain possession of a fortune in fairy gold, but that doesn

Yes, that was a sad loss, but he's still there in spirit, in a way, as the characters obviously miss him, which was a nice touch - too often in kids' books, characters that are gone are also forgotten, but not this time!

I take it you've read all the other ones too, DWMG? I'm a huge fan - can't get enough of them. I have the 1st one in paperback, but I've managed to get all the others as prezzies, so they're in hardback & they all sit, looking lovely on my shelf together. I'm certain there'll be at least one more - they can't just introduce a fab new character & then not do anything else with her later on - so I think that when I find out when the publication date is I shall re-read all the others again before I get it - just to keep everything fresh & up-to-date.:)

I take it you've read all the other ones too, DWMG? I'm a huge fan - can't get enough of them. I have the 1st one in paperback, but I've managed to get all the others as prezzies, so they're in hardback & they all sit, looking lovely on my shelf together. I'm certain there'll be at least one more - they can't just introduce a fab new character & then not do anything else with her later on - so I think that when I find out when the publication date is I shall re-read all the others again before I get it - just to keep everything fresh & up-to-date.:)

yeah, i read all the rest.

i got to go with a few other peeps in yr 7 (im now in yr 9) to see eoin colfer. hes really funny, and then we were one of about 3/4 out of bout10 schools who got to get their books signed. so now ive got the first book signed.

im really glad we went to see him, cuz thats the only reason i read the books!!