- The Dead Girls' Dance

- Midnight Alley

- Feast Of Fools

- Lord Of Misrule

- Carpe Corpus

- Fade Out

- Kiss Of Death

- Ghoust Town

I was in the airport getting some books and there was an offer on books and picked up glass houses. I really like the idea of a whole town run by vampires and the books are really good reads.

Have you read the series or planning to read it?

if you have read it what did you think of it?

Last night I finished reading all 8 books in row, I thought they were great and I'm looking forward to Ghost Town coming out in a few months :D Would deffo recommend it to fans of YA vamp books, plus The Works have them on 3 for

Edited by lexiepiper

I read the first three books last week, and I'm trying to spread them out a bit otherwise I think I'd just have inhaled them last weekend.

I like that the vampires are actually the dangerous and there is a constant threat and a sense of peril. I love the four characters in the Glass house, and I'm a bit biased because I can't remember the last time I read a book where the main heroine was called Claire - spelt the correct way :D - not that I'm biased or anything, but my name's always felt to ordinary to be used in literature and on film.

Plus I never forget the quote from The Breakfast Club about girls named Claire :D

I've read all 8 too! I was a fan of Rachel Caine anyway, having read her Weather Warden books, so tried the first Morganville book when it first came out - 2006, doesn't seem that long! They seem to have more substance to them than certain other YA vampire books and as CB says, the threat of danger and being involved with these vampires is more traditional. You just know they're not going to take Claire (spelt properly, my sister is a Claire!) shopping :)

Eagerly awaiting MV #9 on November 1st :D

• 1 month later...

I have the first six of these books - bought in the Works on 3 for £5 too!

I've read the first three books in the series and really really like them, I'm trying to read other books in between to make the series last a bit longer but think I will buy the final three books in the Works while they're still on offer.

I totally agree with you guys about the real sense of danger that seems to have been lost in other more recent vampire novels. I also really like the four main characters that live in the glass house - and my name is Claire too and I can't agree with you more CB about how our name is always either spelt incorrectly or is used on a rubbish character - so yay for Rachel Caine!

Just finished Feast Of Fools. I can't be the only one who thinks these are on of the best vampire series ever? I got the first one for christmas and decided to give it a chance, I'm actually so glad I did. A total change on what is normally in the vampire books. Love the idea of the vamps running the town. I was lucky enough to get my copy of Lord Of Misrule signed by the author herself so instead of reading it, I have it sat on my book shelf looking pretty.

I have to say, totally in love with Sam. He is just my favourite vampire of all time!

I read the first three books last week, and I'm trying to spread them out a bit otherwise I think I'd just have inhaled them last weekend.

I like that the vampires are actually the dangerous and there is a constant threat and a sense of peril. I love the four characters in the Glass house, and I'm a bit biased because I can't remember the last time I read a book where the main heroine was called Claire - spelt the correct way :D - not that I'm biased or anything, but my name's always felt to ordinary to be used in literature and on film.

Plus I never forget the quote from The Breakfast Club about girls named Claire :D

OOOh what was the quote...? I'm curious now lol and I love vampire books but I havent read these so far but now I know that I'm definitley going to start reading them lol

I read Glasshouses about a year ago and funnily enough I just didn't really enjoy it. I'm trying to remember now why that was.

I think I might actually like "good" vampires. Bad boys turned good. Must say something about my inner psyche. :blush: Glad you guys are enjoying the books.

Ah yeah I'm the same there... lol But I'm guna try read one of these since I hear there's a Claire in the characters lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've only read the first two so far, even though I have all of them! I'm trying to space them out a bit to make them last lol. It's a great series. As well as great main characters, I really like that the vampires are bad!

I've read the first 4 books or so in this series. Then I got bored with it. I think that's partly because they were just too short. By the time you'd got into the story it was over. The characters could be fleshed out much more if they were longer. Plus there's only so many times a few teenagers can be attacked by vampires and survive it all unscathed.

• 3 months later...