Favourite Feline Literature...

Kell my counters are DISGUSTING with litle cat foot prints. Now don't get me wrong they get disinfected thoroughly before every meal but nevertheless, then there's the litter in the bed sheets. Yup ya gotta love em' to tolerate them. Mine have been with me for 15 years.

Yup, a bottle of "bleach-water" at all times available. But for the other I use newspaper. Cheaper, and doesn't get into everything. Plus if the dogs happen to get to it, newspaper won't make em sick.

LOL - I thought it sounded familiar, but it wasn't till I realised that Westall wote The Cats of Seroster (I knew about Devil on the Road for sure) that I remembered about him writing Blitzcat too - sheer luck, rather than good memory.:D Hope you'll enjoy The Unadulterated Cat - I loved it!

• 9 months later...

Thanks PO. That's a few more to add to my list:blush:,

but I have to say that anything about cats is a must!

Laura...I couldn't say. There are so many! Wind in the willows, Watership Down, loads! Why don't you start a thread and get everyone to put in suggestions? I know that there is a group on Shelfari which is about animal books. There are lots of suggestions there too.

Pp

I'd like to add to the thread the author, Diane Duane. She has several "cat wizard" books set in her "So You Want To Be a Wizard" universe, as I recall they live in Grand Central Station.

A wikipedia link to one story can be found here.

I love the philosophy of these cats because they don't really have a spiritual or religious approach but believe in "fighting entropy", the ultimate collapse of the universe simply by doing good - even if it is just picking up a wrapper to toss in the trash can. In fact, I like it very much.

Finally, if you like ... here is a picture of my cat, Emily. She is a one-eyed cat and so must be magical!

Finally, if you like ... here is a picture of my cat, Emily. She is a one-eyed cat and so must be magical!

Aww, she's so cute, Wrath!

I can't for the life of me think of any feline literature I've read. Wait, does Garfield count? I'm sure I have some lengthy 'graphic novel'-type Garfield stories at home.

Have none of you read Felidae and Felidae on the Road? The author is Pirinnci, I think. About a cat who investigates the murder of another cat.

When I was a child I read the Mr Twinks books, again about a cat detective (can you see a theme here??). I tried tracking them down on Amazon and Abebooks and they are selling at over

Have none of you read Felidae and Felidae on the Road? The author is Pirinnci, I think. About a cat who investigates the murder of another cat.

When I was a child I read the Mr Twinks books, again about a cat detective (can you see a theme here??). I tried tracking them down on Amazon and Abebooks and they are selling at over

I admit I haven't read the entire thread, but if nobody else has mentioned these books, I must...

Deric Longden - The Cat Who Came In From The Cold, and Enough To Make A Cat Laugh (he's written more than this, but these are the best two). Cat lovers everywhere will love these!